Learn a new language today!
Painting, reading, cooking, watching TV…, ever wondered if learning a new language could be your next hobby? Well, guess what you surely can get that one up to your list. Learning a new language is super beneficial as it helps us develop various mental abilities and skillsets.
By learning a new language, as a student one can increase their networking skills and build on their career prospects. Communication is the key to success in a globalized world. By knowing a new language, more doors are open for you in this world. Bilingualism is becoming a progressively necessary and essential skill for anyone who wants to keep up with today’s rapidly increasing global economy. The benefits of learning a new language are:
- Provides better career options: Employers would love to have an employee who can speak multiple languages as it is an essential key for communication these days. Potential employers consider this a valuable asset in an employee’s skill set, as they’re able to connect with a broader range of people.
- Sharpens the mind: Acquiring a second language improves your memory and increases your attention span. The process of becoming bilingual exercises your brain and challenges you to concentrate while boosting your problem-solving skills.
- Builds up your self-confidence: Confidence increases when a new skill is mastered, and learning a foreign language is no different. It increases your self-confidence. And let’s face it: confident people are more interesting than those who are unsure of themselves. The techniques you use to develop a second tongue result in a greater sense of open-mindedness.
Here are few applications that will help you learn new languages:
- Memrise: Learn a language. Meet the world. - This application has a special 3-step approach which makes learning a new language so much fun.
- Lingualift: Home - This app teaches language for the real world, real conversations. It’s not just an app, it’s a complete language learning program.
- Duolingo - The world's best way to learn a language - Learning with Duolingo is fun and addictive. Earn points for correct answers, race against the clock, and level up.
According to studies when asked to concentrate on a task, bilingual participants showed an increased ability to tune out distractions and concentrate on the given task. By learning multiple languages, one can increase their memory power and attention span.
Want to make sure you learn a new language without getting distracted? Download the Lock&Stock app and focus today!